Friday, April 30, 2010

Fashion Show

hey friends,

I just want to apologize for the lack of postings and just let you know that this is all my fault. As I mentioned last week I am designing for our fashion show (ohio states) and it is taking up all of my time. Also it does not help that I have not been dressing up, basically I have been living in a tank top and soccer shorts with a messy greasy blob of hair on the top of my head, soooo not blog worthy.

Here's some info about the fashion show. It is on May 15th and is called "Pictures at an Exhibition". It originally consisted of 5 acts: Impressionist, graffiti, 20th century artist, sculpture, and black and white photography (all the bolded acts are the ones I am designing for). I have only one design done because I am a complete procrastinator, but to be honest I work a shiz ton better under pressure!

So to tide you all over for a little here are the drawings for my designs, just fyi-they are all going to look way different in person because I change my mind a lot, and be gentle they are just rough sketches!

sc0135783a
graffiti

bluedress
20th Century Artist

sculpturedress
Sculpture

black dress
Black & White Photography


The next two photos are from last years fashion show.
It was all about movies and I did mine based off of Moulin Rouge.


Last Years Fashion Show

Last Years Fashion Show


Hope this makes up for a lack of posting, I will be sure to post pictures of the garments as they get closer to completion. Have a great weekend all and cross your fingers for me. Does anyone else put themselves through this kinda stress? or am I the only one?!?

much love,
Lindsay



4 comments:

  1. I love your sketches! I would so happily wear any of those dresses and can't wait to see the final products. The last dress reminds me of the full length gown that Ingrid Bergman wears in Casablanca when she's in Paris with Rick. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first one! I would definitely buy that dress! =D great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool! love em! and I love fashion shows

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your sketches! I can't wait to see the real things. I would wear every one of them!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us feedback!